torsdag 24. januar 2013

Manhattan Roll-Up Keyboard



Hello there ladies and geeks.

So I just got my Roll-Up rubberized keyboard delivered and I have to say I am quite impressed with the quality. Let’s just take a closer look at the features so I can either make a recommendation or effectively kill the product.

The keyboard arrived in a rolled up state in a plastic container, something I am not very pleased with at all. Being rolled up in this tube for such a long time has made the rubber on the back shrink in a bit making the keyboard bulk up when I put it down for the first time. This is not a huge problem and can be solved by rolling it up in the opposite manner and leave it for a while, but it’s something that annoyed me. The second thing I noticed was that the keyboard had an English layout even though the website clearly said Nordic, not the manufacturers fault and I am so used to typing it is not a problem, but still annoying.

 
Okey, let’s look at some of the features of the keyboard itself:
- It’s made of 100 percent silicone and completely waterproof all the way through, which makes it reliable and quite sturdy in almost any situation, except you DO need a flat surface to use it.
- Keys are quite comfortable and much easier to operate than I expected from the silicone and membrane.
- You will find 2 additional keys on this keyboard marked ‘Wake-up’, ‘Sleep’ and ‘Power’. These keys will communicate with your pc and perform orders corresponding to the label on the key.
- Being a flexible keyboard made of silicone it is not only waterproof, but also virtually indestructible and easy to roll up for transport in a pc-bag or any other bag.


After using the keyboard extensively throughout the day I have grown quite comfortable with it and racing away on the keys like any other keyboard. Just to have said it, this keyboard is definitively not meant for everyday use, but rather by people doing repairs, traveling a lot or maybe people in generally filthy places like a car workshop etc.

I would recommend this product if you feel you need it, it’s a cool piece of tech that can appeal even if you don’t need it. Personally I am very happy with this product and would definitely recommend it to a friend.

Have a geeky day!


Sincerely,
Unknown

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar