lørdag 19. januar 2013

Planetside 2



Heyhey.

Planetside 2 is a MMORPG from Sony Online Entertainment promising a never-ending battle between three factions spanning over three continents.

The three factions you have to choose from are Terran Republic, New Conglomerate and Vanu Sovereignty, each with their own tech and lore.
The Terran Republic is basically a bunch of people with a God complex, using military might to uphold law and order and viewed by some as the only hope for Auraxis.
The New Conglomerate is a loosely organized band of freedom fighters opposing the iron fist of the Terran Republic led by outcasts and pirates.
The Vanu Sovereignty is an advanced faction using alien technology and aiming to uncover the secrets of ancient artifacts, annihilating anyone that gets in their way.

Though the story and concept of a never-ending battle going on without you as a single player is very interesting, I can’t turn my cheek to the massive problems within the game.

Many of the guns feel floaty and inaccurate; this is especially true for the sniper rifles, which should be both steady an accurate. With that said the guns are also crazy expensive in their ‘pay to win’ model, costing 1000 Cert Points to purchase. To put this in perspective: I’ve clocked over 20 hours and haven’t even gathered 100 CT yet, that is just insane! In order to compete with the other players at all you basically have to spend real money to get more powerful guns. This is a practice I am strongly against; it makes the game unbalanced and boring for new players as they get murdered over and over by their opponents. Stupid business model, Sony..

As for the game itself, it is so full of game breaking bugs and glitches it’s amazing to be able to play the game for 2 hours without it crashing, throwing you through the terrain or dropping the frame rate to unplayable levels. Frankly this just won’t do! Why would you release a game before it is done? I really want to play the game, it’s fun as hell, but I grin every time I start it because I know it will crash as I’m trying to get a stealthy kill or capture a point for my outfit(squad). I really don’t like saying this because it is a really fun game, but with the problems it has it is almost unplayable. My advice: Take the game down, fix it and rerelease it at a later date.. Sorry, but as is the game is a hassle to play.

A fun game with interesting mechanics, vehicles  and story, but so broken it just ruins it for me.


Sincerely,
Unknown

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar