tirsdag 15. januar 2013

Razer Nostromo



Heyhey, geeks and.. Well, geeks I guess.

I know this piece of tech has been out for a while, but I figured I would give you my opinion on it anyway, for what it’s worth.


 The Nostromo is a keypad from Razer designed for one hand, specifically the left hand, and to give you all the controls you need in a small form factor. The pad has 16 fully programmable keys including an 8-way directional thumb stick, a scroll wheel and 2 thumb keys located on either side of the thumb stick. With 8 different keymaps and the possibility to change between them on the fly you can customize it for all your games and different aspects, like for an example sniping in FPS’s. The ergonomic layout makes the Nostromo a pleasure to use without any real strain to your hand.


 The user interface is nice and lucid and lets you customize your keys as well as control the lighting on the unit. In the menus you will also find the option for setting up your profiles and editing your macros. For a full review check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ABtfgjfNVA

Now, for the actual usability of the unit.. Even though I really like using it, it tends to just sit there collecting dust while I use my full size keyboard instead. It was fine, dandy and even fun for the first couple of weeks, but after the initial fun period I really don’t use it as much. I’m not saying it’s useless, it is quite the opposite, but if you are used to a full size keyboard you might as well stick to it and save the 70 dollars the unit costs. 70 dollars may not be a huge amount, but I’d rather spend the money on some fun games if I were you.

Overall: It’s a great unit that might make your life in gaming a little easier, but like I said, it tends to collect dust while I use my full size keyboard.

Now it’s time for dinner, see ya!

Sincerely,
Unknown

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar